List of Ultimus Bowl champions
The Ultimus Bowl is the annual American football game that determines the champion of the International Simulation Football League (ISFL). The game culminates a season that begins in the previous calendar year and is the conclusion of the ISFL playoffs. The contest is held in the city of the home team. Since January 2016, the winner of the American Simulation Football Conference (ASFC) Championship Game has faced the winner of the National Simulation Football Conference (NSFC) Championship Game in the culmination of the ISFL playoffs.
The ASFC leads in Ultimus Bowl wins with 19, while the NSFC has won 7. Nine franchises have won the Ultimus Bowl, with the Chicago Butchers, Honolulu Hahalua, Berlin Fire Salamanders, New York Silverbacks and Sarasota Sailfish as the lone remaining ISFL teams without a championship win. The Honolulu Hahalua and Sarasota Sailfish joined the ISFL in 2037 and the Berlin Fire Salamanders and New York Silverbacks joined the ISFL in 2040.
The Orange County Otters (8-2) have won the most Ultimus Bowls with eight championships, while the Arizona Outlaws (4-0) are the second most successful with four. New Orleans Second Line (3-3), Yellowknife Wraiths (3-6), and San Jose Sabercats (3-1) have three wins, the Baltimore Hawks (2-6) have two wins, while Philadelphia Liberty (1–3), Austin Copperheads (1-1) and Colorado Yeti (1–4) each have one win. Orange County has the most Ultimus Bowl appearances with ten. Orange County, Baltimore, Yellowknife and New Orleans have the most consecutive appearances with four. The Baltimore Hawks and Yellowknife Wraiths have each lost a record six Ultimus Bowls. The record for consecutive wins is three and is shared by two franchises: the Arizona Outlaws (Ultimus Bowl I–III), and the Orange County Otters (Ultimus Bowl IV–VI and Ultimus Bowl XVII–XIX). The only team with multiple Ultimus Bowl appearances and no losses is the Arizona Outlaws. Just eight times in history, the Liberty, (Ultimus Bowl VII), the Copperheads (Ultimus Bowl XX), the Yeti (Ultimus Bowl XXII), the Otters (Ultimus Bowl XVII, Ultimus Bowl XVIII, and Ultimus Bowl XIX), and the Sabercats (Ultimus Bowl XXIV-XXV) has a team claimed the championship by winning the Ultimus Bowl on the road. Only one Ultimus Bowl has gone to overtime; Ultimus Bowl XI, between New Orleans and Baltimore.
Ultimus Bowl Championship (2016–present)
Numbers in parentheses in the table are Ultimus Bowl appearances as of the date of that Ultimus Bowl and are used as follows:
- Winning team and losing team columns indicate the number of times that team has appeared in an Ultimus Bowl as well as each respective teams' Ultimus Bowl record to date.
- Venue column indicates number of times that stadium has hosted an Ultimus Bowl.
- City column indicates number of times that metropolitan area has hosted a Ultimus Bowl.
|National Simulation Football Conference (NSFC, 2016–present)||American Simulation Football Conference (ASFC, 2016–present)|
Three franchises have won consecutive Ultimus Bowls:
- Arizona Outlaws (Ultimus Bowls I, II, and III)
- Orange County Otters (IV, V, and VI), (XII and XIII), and (XVII, XVIII, XIX)
- San Jose Sabercats (XXIV, XXV)
Two franchises have won three Ultimus Bowls in a row:
- Arizona Outlaws (Ultimus Bowls I, II, and III)
- Orange County Otters (IV, V, and VI) and (XVII, XVIII, XIX)
No franchise has yet won four Ultimus Bowls in a row, although one has come close:
- The Orange County Otters won three consecutive Ultimus Bowls (IV, V, and VI); the following season they were eliminated in the Ultimus Bowl by the Philadelphia Liberty.
Three franchises have lost consecutive Ultimus Bowls:
- Baltimore Hawks (Ultimus Bowls II - III and XI - XII)
- Yellowknife Wraiths (Ultimus Bowls IV-V and XVIII-XXI)
- Colorado Yeti (XXIV, XXV)
Ultimus Bowl appearances by team
|NSFC teams (6 wins)||ASFC teams (19 wins)|
In the sortable table below, teams are ordered first by number of appearances, then by number of wins, and finally by number of years since last appearing in an Ultimus Bowl. In the "Seasons" column, bold years indicate winning seasons, and italic years indicate games not yet completed.
|10||Orange County Otters||8||2||.800||2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 , 2027, 2028, 2032, 2033, 2034, 2037|
|9||Yellowknife Wraiths||3||6||.333||2019, 2020, 2023, 2033, 2034, 2035, 2036, 2038, 2041|
|8||Baltimore Hawks||2||6||.250||2017, 2018, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2030, 2032|
|6||New Orleans Second Line||3||3||.500||2023, 2024, 2025 , 2026, 2036, 2041|
|4||Arizona Outlaws||4||0||1.000||2016, 2017, 2018, 2031|
|4||Philadelphia Liberty||1||3||.250||2021, 2022, 2029, 2031|
|5||Colorado Yeti||1||4||.200||2016, 2028, 2037, 2039, 2040|
|4||San Jose Sabercats||3||1||.750||2029, 2030, 2039, 2040|
|2||Austin Copperheads||1||1||.500||2035, 2038|
|0||Berlin Fire Salamanders||0||0|
|0||New York Silverbacks||0||0|
Team with no Ultimus Bowl appearance
Team with Ultimus Bowl appearance but no victories
Every team that has an appearance in the Ultimus has at least one victory.
Baltimore holds the record for most Ultimus Bowl appearances before winning their first championship, with three failed attempts before their win in Ultimus Bowl X.
Colorado holds the record for worst win-ratio in the Ultimus Bowl, at 0.200.
Ultimus Bowl rematches
The following teams have faced each other more than once in the Ultimus Bowl:
- Orange County Otters and Yellowknife Wraiths (4) – Ultimus Bowl IV, V, XVIII, and XIX were all won by Orange County.
- Yellowknife Wraiths and New Orleans Second Line (3) - Ultimus Bowls VIII and XXVI were won by Yellowknife, XXi was won by New Orleans.
- Baltimore Hawks and New Orleans Second Line (3) – Ultimus Bowl IX and XI were won by New Orleans, Ultimus Bowl X was won by Baltimore.
- Arizona Outlaws and Baltimore Hawks (2) – Ultimus Bowls II and III were both won by Arizona.
- Orange County Otters and Philadelphia Liberty (2) – Ultimus Bowl VI was won by Orange Country, Ultimus Bowl VII was won by Philadelphia.
- Orange County Otters and Colorado Yeti (2) – Ultimus Bowl XIII was won by Orange Country, Ultimus Bowl XXII was won by Colorado.
- Yellowknife Wraiths and Austin Copperheads (2) - Ultimus Bowl XX was won by Austin, Ultimus Bowl XXIII was won by Yellowknife.
- Colorado Yeti and San Jose Sabercats (2) - Ultimus Bowl XXIV and XXV were both won by San Jose.