List of Ultimini Champions
The Ultimini is the annual American football game that determines the champion of the Developmental Simulation Football League (DSFL). The game culminates a season that begins in the previous calendar year and is the conclusion of the DSFL playoffs. The contest is held in the city of the home team. Since January 2018, the winner of the Southern Football Conference (SFC) Championship Game has faced the winner of the Northern Football Conference (NFC) Championship Game in the culmination of the DSFL playoffs.
The SFC leads in Ultimini wins with 24, while the NFC has won 13. Eight franchises have won the Ultimini.
The Tijuana Luchadores (9-5) have won the most Ultiminis with nine championships, the Minnesota Grey Ducks (Formerly the San Antonio Marshals) (6-5) are second with six, the Portland Pythons (5-10) have five, the Bondi Beach Buccaneers (Formerly the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers and the Palm Beach Solar Bears) (6-1) have won six, the Kansas City Coyotes (3–8) have three wins, the Norfolk Seawolves (4–2) have four wins, the Dallas Birddogs (3–0) have three wins, and the London Royals (2–2) have two wins. Tijuana has the most Ultimini appearances with sixteen. Tijuana has the most consecutive appearances with five from 2022 to 2026, while the Portland Pythons (2024–2026 and 2029–2032), and Minnesota Grey Ducks (2034-2035 and 2043-2045 are the only other teams to have more than two consecutive appearances. The Portland Pythons (5-10) have lost a record ten Ultiminis. The Palm Beach Solar Bears (2-0) were undefeated in title appearances and the Dallas Birddogs (3-0) are the only active undefeated team in the Ultimini. The London Royals have the longest active appearance drought, from 2044 to 2054. This has yet to be broken. The record for consecutive wins is three and is held by the Tijuana Luchadores (2023–2025). The largest margin of victory was achieved by the Minnesota Grey Ducks with 40 points in the 2045 against Tijuana. This game was the first shutout in Ultimini history.
Due to Division Re-alignment between Norfolk and Minnesota, the total conference wins for the SFC and NFC slightly misalign with the record for the teams as they are now. Although Minnesota is currently leading the North with 6 Ultimini wins, only 4 count towards the North win total. The same goes for the Norfolk Seawolves, whose 4 wins only count as 3 towards the South.
Ultimini Championship (2019–present)
Numbers in parentheses in the table are Ultimini appearances as of the date of that Ultimini and are used as follows:
- Winning team and losing team columns indicate the number of times that team has appeared in a Ultimini as well as each respective teams' Ultimini record to date.
- Venue column indicates number of times that stadium has hosted a Ultimini.
- City column indicates number of times that metropolitan area has hosted a Ultimini.
|Northern Football Conference (NFC, 2018–present)||Southern Football Conference (SFC, 2018–present)|
Four franchises have won consecutive Ultiminis:
- Tijuana Luchadores (Ultimini Bowls VI, VII, and VIII), (XIV and XV), Minnesota Grey Ducks (Ultimini XVII and XVIII), (XXVII and XXVIII), Norfolk Seawolves (Ultimini XXX and XXXI), and Kansas City Coyotes (Ultimini XXXVI, and XXXVII)
No franchise has yet won four Ultiminis in a row, although one has come close:
- The Tijuana Luchadores won three consecutive Ultiminis (VI, VII, and VIII); in both of the seasons before and after their run (V and IX) they were eliminated in the Ultimini by the Portland Pythons.
Three franchises have lost consecutive Ultiminis:
- Portland Pythons (Ultimini Bowls VII and VIII and again in XIII, XIV, and XV and again in XXXIV, XXXV), Tijuana Luchadores (Ultimini XXVI, XXVIII, XXVIII) Minnesota Grey Ducks (Ultimini XXXI, XXXII), and Norfolk Seawolves (Ultimini XXXVI, XXXVII)
Ultimini appearances by team
|NFC teams (14 wins)||SFC teams (23 wins)|
In the sortable table below, teams are ordered first by number of appearances, then by number of wins, and finally by number of years since last appearing in a Ultimini. In the "Seasons" column, bold years indicate winning seasons, and italic years indicate games not yet completed.
|16||Tijuana Luchadores||9||7||.562||2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2029, 2030, 2032, 2033, 2035, 2041, 2044, 2045, 2046, 2052||4|
|16||Portland Pythons||5||11||.312||2020, 2021, 2023, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034, 2042, 2048, 2052, 2053, 2056||22|
|11||Minnesota Grey Ducks||6||5||.545||2018*, 2019*, 2021*, 2027*, 2034*, 2035, 2036, 2045, 2046, 2049, 2050||10|
|11||Kansas City Coyotes||3||8||.272||2022, 2024, 2028, 2029, 2037, 2039, 2043, 2047, 2051, 2054, 2055||1|
|8||Norfolk Seawolves||4||4||.500||2019, 2039, 2040, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2054, 2055||4|
|7||Bondi Beach Buccaneers||6||1||.857||2021**, 2031**, 2036, 2037, 2042, 2053, 2056||0|
|4||London Royals||2||2||.500||2038, 2040, 2041, 2044||12|
|3||Dallas Birddogs||3||0||1.000||2043, 2047, 2050||6|
(*)These games are attributed to the San Antonio Marshals who relocated and rebranded as the Minnesota Grey Ducks
(**)These games are attributed to the Palm Beach Solar Bears who relocated and rebranded as the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers
The following teams have faced each other more than once in the Ultimini:
- Portland Pythons and Tjuana Luchadores (8) – Ultimini V, IX, and XII were won by Portland, Ultimini VII, VIII, XIV, XV, and XXXIV were won by Tijuana
- London Royals and Tijuana Luchadores (3) - Ultimini XXVI was won by London, Ultimini XX and XXIII were won by Tijuana
- Minnesota Grey Ducks and Tijuana Luchadores (3) - Ultimini XVII, XXVII, and XXVIII were all won by Minnesota
- Kansas City Coyotes and Norfolk Seawolves (4) - Ultimini XXXVI, and XXXVII were won by Kansas City, Ultimini XXI, and XXXIII were won by Norfolk
- Portland Pythons and Bondi Beach Buccaneers (3) - Ultimini XXIV, and XXXV, and XXXVIII were all won by Bondi Beach
- Kansas City Coyotes and Dallas Birddogs (2) - Ultimini XXV, and XXIX were both won by Dallas
- Kansas City Coyotes and San Antonio Marshals (2) — Ultimini IV was won by San Antonio, Ultimini X was won by Kansas City
- Kansas City Coyotes and Tijuana Luchadores (2) — Ultimini VI and XI were both won by Tijuana
- Portland Pythons and Palm Beach Solar Bears (2) — Ultimini III and XIII were both won by Palm Beach
- London Royals and Dallas Birddogs have never competed
- London Royals and Bondi Beach Buccaneers have never competed
- Portland Pythons and Dallas Birddogs have never competed